Sunday, December 5, 2010

31 Days Of Santa: 5th Day- Mike Mignola

I had a dream last night that I was running away from zombies through corridors under a huge hangar with a small group of people. I love when I dream of zombies; I typically get to knock the head off one or two and ker-pow another in the nethers...


So here we go- Mr. Mignola. Should be nary a surprise I respect his art so much- name me a comic nerd who isn't a fan of his neo-German Expressionist noir style, and I'll turn lead into a Lovecraftian demigod. I liked the black and white original drawing as much as I did the digitally colored final, so I posted them both. Two-fer!!!

Media: Pen & Ink, digital color.

I myself laughed my buns off for 15 seconds while sketching this concept, and if I'm the only one to have done so, I'm fine with that. That being said, I think we should all request to Mike that he do a one-shot Santa story the next time we see him at a con. And tell him that scratchboard artist who owes him the Lobster Johnson piece sends his love.

1 comment:

  1. Well done if creepy (I know, that was the intent). This is quite a project and it is nice to see your blog get some attention!
    On a side note, I still have those prints to send back to you (after the new year for sure) and I still want a copy of that cute picture of you as a kid from your website!
    Oh, and I am in charge of Artist Alley for Balticon this year. They have not given me the price yet but I hope you will have a table again!

    Tristan

    ReplyDelete