Sunday, December 26, 2010

31 Days Of Santa: 26th Day- Tex Avery

Nice holiday weekend. That's it.


Wasn't as successful with this one as I hoped. I sort of assumed that since my other animator-influenced works were done decently successful at not too lengthy of a time, that my Tex piece would be quite similar. But I guess that "assume" saying can come into play here. I must've been a little too excited over football and roller skating today. Tex Avery took one part slapstick, mixed it with 2 parts elastic form, and stirred it on the next level above HIGH, called COCAINE-INDUCED NEVER-ENDING-THRILL-RIDE. The guy didn't let up in his cartoons, and provided the racy subject matter that glue the adults.

His Bugs Bunny/ Elmer Fudd/ Daffy Duck/ Porky Pig shorts were all responsible for establishing the characters' famous personalities. When he moved on, he created Droopy Dog for MGM, the Wolf and Red Riding Hood, and those great, nonfamous-character shorts like Cars Of Tomorrow.

I prefer his Bugs and Daffy over Jones', and that early style of his is heavenly in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I used to watch the Tex Avery show on tv all the time! This one hit home for me!

    ReplyDelete